Did you know that you spend about a third of your life sleeping? Yes, you’ve read that right! Because of this, it is therefore important to make sure that your mattress is not just comfortable, but fresh as well. If you need ideas on how to make this possible, then this article is perfect for you. Today, we will be listing some of the most simple, but effective ways to keep your mattress clean.
- The first thing to keep in mind is that letting the mattress breath whenever possible will help a lot. You can do this by bringing the mattress outside for some air. And since mattresses are big, you will need to ask for help. Even if this takes time and effort, we can assure you that it is worth it. Doing this will not only help eliminate unwanted odors, the sunlight also serves as a natural disinfectant. Isn’t that great?
If you do not have time to put your mattress outside, then at least make sure that your room is well-ventilated so that air can circulate in the bedroom. If possible, you can also just leave your windows and door open for at least half an hour every morning just to help in the ventilation of your room and get the best for your best mattress uk.
- Baking soda is a miracle worker. If you are changing your bed sheet, you can sprinkle baking soda on top then leave it for a few hours. After that, you can now vacuum the mattress. Baking soda is known to help eliminate the bad odor that is very common especially among old mattresses. If you want, you can even mix baking soda with your favorite scent, for example, lavender. Many people totally recommend this trick.
- Vacuum your mattress regularly. This is one of the simplest ways to keep it clean. Start at the top first and then work your way down until you have covered all sides.
- Use a mattress protector. A lot of households now use this because they keep dirt from accumulating in your mattress. As we all know, mattresses are quite expensive and as an investment, it should be protected. This is made possible by protectors. Aside from helping you keep your mattress fresh, it also makes it easy for you to clean it. For example, you accidentally spill something on your bed; it will not be too much of a hassle. Luckily, a lot of great brands are already offering this product so you just need to do your research and look for the best one that will fit your needs and budget.
- If you want to keep your mattress fresh and clean, it is crucial to regularly change your sheet. Ideally, you should change them at least once a week. This is crucial to prevent the accumulation of dust mites. We also highly recommend this to people with known allergies. You need to do this to prevent the triggers.
- Rotating the placement of the mattress can help a lot. As time goes by, the surface of your mattress may become uneven, to help it last longer, try rotating the position at least once every season. This is especially important if you have an innerspring mattress. Doing this will also give you the opportunity to vacuum it at the same time.
- There are some good fabric fresheners in the market today. You just need to find the right scent for you. Some brands even offer scents that can help you fall asleep. There are also organic/natural varieties if you want to go green.
- Clean depending on what stain you are dealing with. For example, if there is urine stain, you will need to mix three tablespoons of baking soda, few drops of dishwashing soap and 3% hydrogen peroxide. Just spray the mixture in the stained area before leaving it to air dry. If your mattress has blood stain, you just need to use 3% hydrogen peroxide. Just follow the steps we used for urine stain and voila, your problem is solved! For vomit, what you will need is water and white vinegar. Just mix the two using equal parts and spray the solution to the mattress. You may also use baking soda after and then just vacuum the bed after an hour or so.
- If you have dryer sheets, that may help as well. Just get a few from the box and placed them between your mattress and bed sheet. Because of its lovely scent, you will be able to remove the stale smell of your mattress. It is truly a miracle worker!
These are just some of the most effective ways to keep your mattress clean and fresh. Just like what we have mentioned earlier, you will be spending so much time in your bed, it is therefore essential to keep it clean and fresh. In case you think that you need to change your mattress already, then don’t double think about it. Some brands might be a little expensive, but you need to remember that your health and comfort are more important.